Phil Thompson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>> Thanks. But why does it work for QObject and not for QWidget?
>
> I don't know - you'll have to read the code of the QObject dtor. I'm just
> happy that C++ demonstrates the same behaviour.

Ah, found it! QObject's dtor does emit destroyed() and then deletes its
children. But QWidget's dtor also deletes its children (before doing the
actual platform-dependent destruction), so when the QObject dtor for the
QWidget is invoked, the proxy is gone and the signal is not forwarded.
--
Giovanni Bajo