Hans-Peter Jansen wrote:

Am Mittwoch, 15. Februar 2006 18:47 schrieb Andreas Pakulat:
On 15.02.06 18:19:42, Tina Isaksen wrote:
I need to save the contents of a QtextEdit box as a file text-file,
retaining the carriage returns. I've been googling for an hour,
studied QT-assistant, and I just don't get it... as usual. Any
assistance will be greatly apreciated.

From the QTextEdit you get a QString. You can then use this QString
and
put it into a QDataStream. This one is created with a QFile which
resembles the actual file.

or just (depending on the required encoding):
        open("text.txt", "w").write(QTextEdit.text().utf8())

Hth,
Pete