Hi Phil,

At 13:49 29/03/2006 +0000, Phil Thompson wrote:
On Wednesday 29 March 2006 2:20 pm, V. Armando Sole wrote:
> If you use a commercial version of Qt, you will have to use the VendorID
> package (available from Riverbank) and build a signed version of cx_freeze.
> If you use PyQt4 you will not have that problem.

If you need to use VendorID with PyQt3 then you will also need to use it with
PyQt4 as the commercial licenses are the same.

Phil

I have an application that may run under PyQt3 with Qt3 and under PyQt4 with Qt4.

Since I have installed the commercial PyQt3 and Qt3, and the GPL PyQt4 and Qt4 on the same machine, I only use vendorID when I freeze my application with the commercial bindings. I do not break any license agreement if I do not use VendorID on the GPL PyQt4 and GPL Qt4 binding under those conditions (provided I give access to the source code).

Regards,

Armando