On 5/12/06, Patrick Stinson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
well, gentoo is meant to be a highly customizable distribution. The
nice thing about gentoo is that you don't really *have* to customize
everything. It is my opinion that the installation contains nothing
out of the ordinary for that type of person that is trying to get this
beta version of pyqt running.

- make your filesystem
- unpack the package manager
- $ emerge kde

The nice thing about gentoo is the package managment code, if you
don't mind compiling everything. Now, if a pkg system is known the be
very reliable where you don't have to futz with the builds, all you
have to pay for a system-optimized environment is compile time. Plus,
its written in python.

Again, if you are going so far as writing code in anything other than
a canned and got-you-by-the-you-know-whats IDE, slapping an OS on your
disk is probably not the best route for you. I found PyQt4 to build
very easily using the default gentoo setup, and I'd be happy to offer
any assistance getting it together.

--
Patrick Kidd Stinson
http://www.patrickkidd.com/