Hi all,

I'm new to Eric3 and set up the required software packages to make it running. My configuration is:

- Windows XP
- Qt 3.3.3
- Python 2.4.2
- PyQtGPL10.exe (http://www.quadgames.com/download/pythonqt/)
- Eric3snapshot2005-04-10.exe (http://www.quadgames.com/download/pythonqt/)

With this quite old Eric snapshot it works.

Trying the latest version (3.9.1) I could install Eric, but I had to execute it from command line. The IDE starts up. Trying to open whatever python script file the editor gives an error message:
"The file xyz could not be opened"

The stderr indicates the following message:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Program Files\Python24\Lib\site-packages\eric3\QScintilla\Editor.py", line 3363, in focusInEvent
   self.setCaretWidth(self.caretWidth)
Atrribute Error:caretWidth

Does there exist a bug fix for that or does anybody know how to fix ? Also work arounds are welcome !

Best,

Lars