You can get the emitting button with the sender() function from the QObject class
Sibylle Koczian a écrit :
Hello,

hopefully the subject line isn't too misleading. This is my problem: I would like to
connect the "clicked" signal of several buttons to one and the same function -
but this function should know which button sent the signal. Example: one button to
increase a value, another to decrease it, and one single function which adds '+1' or '-1'
depending on the sending button. Or a row of buttons with a letter, and clicking one
searches for all words beginning with this letter in a list.

How can I do this? Subclassing QPushButton seems to be a possibility, but is
there a simpler way?

Using PyQt 4 with Python 2.4.

Thank you,
Koczian