Armando,

I had built the FreezePython as you say file and running it gives me the same result. ? I'm not sure what else I might need to include.

darryl

V. Armando Sole wrote:
Hello

At 16:04 19/02/2008 -0500, Darryl Wallace wrote:
Hello,

I'm trying to use cx_Freeze (my latest try has been with version 3) to try to freeze a PyQt program into a binary for distribution. I tried just compiling the Multiple Document Interface (mdi.py) example that comes with PyQt4 as a test. I was wondering if you could help me out.
I run:

python FreezePython.py --install-dir dist --include-modules sip mdi.py/

Did you read the README that comes with cx_freeze?

As far as I know, if you build cx_freeze yourself you have to run:

python MakeFrozenBases.py
python --no-copy-deps FreezePython.py

in order to have it fully installed. You do not use the .py file but the generated "frozen".

Then the command:

FreezePython -O --install-dir=dist --include-modules=sip mdi.py

should do what you expect (you may need to add your QtCore4 .so and QtGui4.so libraries to the dist directory if they are not copied there).

Armando