Phil Thompson schrieb:
On Wed, 22 Jul 2009 20:13:45 +0200, "Diez B. Roggisch" <de...@web.de>
wrote:
Phil Thompson schrieb:
On Tue, 21 Jul 2009 11:07:19 +0200, "Diez B. Roggisch" <de...@web.de>
wrote:
On Tuesday 21 July 2009 10:43:14 Phil Thompson wrote:
On Tue, 21 Jul 2009 09:26:39 +0200, "Diez B. Roggisch" <de...@web.de>

wrote:
Hi,

well, the subject pretty much says it. The below code exectutes fine
in
the debugger until it reaches the line

          irr::video::S3DVertex *vertex = (irr::video::S3DVertex
*)sipConvertToInstance(py_vertex, S3DVertexType, NULL, SIP_NOT_NONE,
NULL, &err);

where "err" then gets some seemingly random value & the program
terminates. The if-statement below the line doesn't work and was a
feeble attempt at error-handling - a subject that is given not much
more
information in the whole

http://www.riverbankcomputing.com/static/Docs/sip4/c_api.html

page.

Any suggestions? Ah, python is 2.6 on osx, SIP is 4.7.9.

Diez

void append(SIP_PYLIST, SIP_PYLIST);
%MethodCode
       PyObject *py_vertices = a0;
       PyObject *py_indices = a1;
       irr::u32 numVertices = PyList_Size(py_vertices);
       irr::video::S3DVertex *vertices = (irr::video::S3DVertex
*)sipMalloc(sizeof(irr::video::S3DVertex) * numVertices);
       irr::u32 numIndices = PyList_Size(py_indices);
       irr::u16 *indices = (irr::u16*)sipMalloc(sizeof(irr::u16) *
numIndices);

       sipWrapperType *S3DVertexType =
sipFindClass("irr::video::S3DVertex");

       int err;

       for(irr::u32 i=0; i < numVertices; i++) {
        PyObject *py_vertex = PyList_GetItem(py_vertices, i);
        if(sipCanConvertToInstance(py_vertex, S3DVertexType, SIP_NOT_NONE))
{
          irr::video::S3DVertex *vertex = (irr::video::S3DVertex
*)sipConvertToInstance(py_vertex, S3DVertexType, NULL, SIP_NOT_NONE,
NULL, &err);
          if(err) {
            return -1;
          }
          vertices[i] = *vertex;
        } // TODO: raise an exception here!
       }

       for(irr::u32 i=0; i < numIndices; i++) {
        PyObject *py_index = PySequence_GetItem(py_indices, i);
        irr::u16 indices[3];
        for(int j=0; j < 3; j++) {
          PyObject *item = PySequence_GetItem(py_index, j);
          if(PyLong_Check(item)) {
            indices[j] = (irr::u16)PyLong_AsLong(item);
          } else {
            // TODO: raise an exception here!
          }
        }
       }
       sipCpp->append((void*)vertices, numVertices, indices,
       numIndices);
       sipFree(indices);
       sipFree(vertices);
%End
What is S3DVertexType? I would expect it to start with 'sipClass_'.
It's a wrapped structure, with the original name
"irr::video::S3DVertex".
After reading the aforementioned docs, I was under the impression that
need to get a sipTypeDef to check & convert. At least pointers of that kind
are
taken from sipConvertToInstance and sipCanConvertToInstance.
It needs to be what the documentation calls a "generated type object"
which
all begin with "sipClass_" - probably sipClass_irr_video_S3DVertex in
this
case.
I did that, without any success - the behavior is the same. I get err set to the value "458520", and the program dies with an
bus-error/segfault.

I missed your call to sipFindClass().

Ah, ok, I was wondering if sip changed so much. Good to know it didn't, but also good to know I can get a static reference & don't need the extra call.

It's almost certainly a bug in your handwritten code somewhere - not
necessarily in the code above.

I don't doubt that - I just don't find it... I created some test-code that toys around with S3DVertex-objecs, and all works fine. I can construct them, I can compare them using their overloaded ==-operator ,which invokes

sipParseArgs(&sipArgsParsed,sipArg,"1JA",sipClass_irr_video_S3DVertex,&a0)

and that is working. I can access their members, some of them which are mapped types.

Do you have any idea how to go about this - can I build SIP in debug-mode, and then step into the conversion-code itself? How about building the extension in debug-mode - it does have the "-g"-flag, but also a -O3.

Diez