On 23/10/10 23:45, Hans-Peter Jansen wrote:
On Saturday 23 October 2010, 22:35:36 Baz Walter wrote:
arch has been around for quite a while now and has a growing
community of very loyal users. it may do some things very
differently, but at the end of the day, it's just another linux
distro.

This is exactly the point. I have a hard time to understand such - in my
view unnecessary - single handed efforts to solve an issue in an
unusual manner.

<old-chestnut>

linux is all about choice...

</old-chestnut>

Anyway, Baz, given, that you like arch and most probably using it also,
and I do respect you as a highly qualified PyQt contributor, whose
contributions are a pleasure to read, let's forget about this now.
We're not going to change anything from here..

well, the respect is mutual (although i'm sure you're more highly qualified than me)

just-trying-to-set-the-record-straightly-yours ;-)

baz w