siemer@eee:~$ python
Python 2.6.6 (r266:84292, Sep 15 2010, 15:52:39)
[GCC 4.4.5] on linux2
~/.pystartup loaded.
>>> from PyQt4 import QtWebKit, QtGui
>>> q = QtGui.QApplication([])
>>>
>>> wv = QtWebKit.QWebView()
>>> wv2 = QtWebKit.QWebView()
>>> wv.setHtml('hallo')
>>> wv2.setHtml('hallo2')
>>> Segmentation fault
siemer@eee:~$ j

What am I doing wrong? – The segmentation fault does not come immediately. I have to type something (above I typed “j”).

I tried longer versions, with a QWidget, passing it as parent and creating a little VBoxLayout. Didn’t help.

My main goal is to (ab)use QWebFrame for simple DOM operations, before exposing the result to the user. I was thinking about replugging the documentElement() from one WebFrame to another, but I didn’t even get that far...

Any ideas??

Robert