Hi

I am currently writing a project which takes vocabulary words from a XML file which is created through the KDE application Parley and generates sentences based on them. The project page is here:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/languagesentenc/

This is done through the user firstly creating sentence templates which contains a number of word-types put in order of how a sentence would be. The program then uses these templates to extracts vocabulary words from the XML file that are associated with these word-types and creates sentences. An example of this is if a sentence template is 'adjective adverb noun' then it will extract all adjectives adverb and nouns and generate sentences in that order.

I have written a command line version of this and in the process of adding a GUI interface using PYQT. I've only used PYQT a few times and would like some advice on how to go about designing an interface for part of it.

The part I am stuck at is the maintenance of the sentence templates. This part of the GUI will extract all the word types from the XML file which will used to validate the input the user enters when creating the sentence template. The only way I think I can do this is to create a widget that contains a drop down list and a button. The user selects the word type from the list and when the button is pressed the contents of the drop down list is then appended to the sentence template. This sounds a bit clunky and cumbersome to do. Is there any easier way like a line edit button which has an auto-complete option or some other method is input that I can use?

I hope I have explained this properly. If not, I'm happy to explain further any questions.