I'm using a combination of Eclipse + PyDev and I like it a lot. Here is a critique of it from another forum which convinced me to give it a try:

   """I searched around the web quite a bit and found Eclipse+PyDev to
   be the most recommended IDE overall. I downloaded just the basic
   52MB Eclipse (eclipse-platform-3.7RC4-win32.zip, no installation
   needed) since it's smaller and I read online that it runs faster.
   Then I added PyDev to it.

   It detected my existing installations (For the sake of NLTK and
   other libraries, I had bit the bullet and installed Python 2.7 in
   parallel with 3.2) and looked capable of handling IronPython as well.

   So far, I'm very impressed with its features for debugging, code
   completion, code checking, and speeding up repetitive tasks. It also
   keeps track of multiple Python engines and "grammars" (one of each
   per project). It can do path configuration so one project can
   apparently be listed as a resource for another project for easy
   importing, but I wasn't able to get this set up properly (yet). And
   I don't see a way to have this update my Windows environment
   variable (PythonPath), so I still have to tweak that sometimes when
   running stuff from the Windows command line.

   It doesn't seem to allow launching/debugging of Python files that
   are not part of a project in Eclipse, probably because the
   interpreter and path would be undefined. It can edit these files,
   however (with syntax highlighting but not code completion, I think). """

I also liked an IDE called "Spyder2" (http://code.google.com/p/spyderlib/; http://packages.python.org/spyder/) which integrates very well with PyQt4 (it's a requirement), but I had to look for another when I moved to Python 3.

Best regards,
Tim Grove