While I'm experimenting I may have another go at using phonon. How do you set the backend to use? just by putting a phonon_backend directory in my program's folder?? The important thing for me is the ability to send extra commands to the vlc backend such as '--autocrop' or setting the playback rate. Can this be done through phonon?

Best regards,
Tim