with this configuration
Python 2.6.6
PyQt4 4.7.3
open dialog
dialog finished
C:\Users\mboscolo\Documents\.bzr.log
finished

it works perfectly .. after press the opendialog the form is closed and start to print the rest of the debug

regards,
Matteo

Il 31/10/2011 08:07, Janwillem ha scritto:
I want a small script with just a few filedialogs not a full blown gui
application . However when I try the code below the dialog does not
disappear after clicking the Open button on the dialog  but stays on top
until the script exits. What am I doing wrong??
Thanks, Janwillem

def open_files(default_dir=None):
     """Returns list of filenames optionally given a default dir"""
     from sys import argv
     from os import environ
     from PyQt4.QtGui import QApplication, QFileDialog,QWidget
     if default_dir == None:
         default_dir = environ['HOME']
     app = QApplication(argv)
     fdialog = QFileDialog
     filenames = fdialog.getOpenFileNames(directory=default_dir)
     app.exit()
     return list(filenames)

if __name__ == '__main__':
     from PyQt4.QtCore import QT_VERSION_STR