On 27/03/13 10:45, Phil Thompson wrote:
On Sat, 23 Mar 2013 02:47:09 +0000, Baz Walter <baz...@ftml.net> wrote:
Hello

When building PyQt4 against Qt5, I got this error:

      Determining the layout of your Qt installation...
      Error: Unable to find the qmake configuration file
      /usr/share/qt/mkspecs/linux-g++-64/qmake.conf.
      Use the QMAKESPEC environment
      variable to specify the correct platform.

I thought this might be a distro related problem, as the makepsec
directory was not where it was expected it to be. However, after a bit
of research, I discovered that the default install directories have been

changed for Qt5 and a new option "-archdatadir" has been added (details
can be found here: https://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,35495).

I used QMAKESPEC to solve the immediate problem, but it would be nice if

the configure script had support for "-archdatadir", as it appears that
that is what distros should now use to specify the makespec directory
(as opposed to "-datadir").

Try tonight's (untested) PyQt snapshot.

Tested it with both Qt4 and Qt5, and its all now working for me.

--
Many Thanks
Baz Walter