On Tue, 2 May 2023 at 00:12, Cristián Maureira-Fredes via PySide
<pyside@qt-project.org> wrote:

> Hey Christian,
>
> I couldn't find the plugin file on my install,
> what's the full name of the plugin?
> (I did have image formats on it but only found qjpeg
> and libqjpeg)

Plugin is here:
https://github.com/qt/qtimageformats/tree/dev/src/plugins/imageformats/jp2

It seems to depend on "jasper"
https://github.com/jasper-software/jasper/blob/master/LICENSE.txt

This package is not available on stock KUbuntu 22.04 LTS

Looks like i will have to change my strategy, luckily for me i have an
alternative source of data in the form of a PDF.
I should be able to use QtPdf to render individual page into images.

To give you some context, this is what I'm working on:
Create a tool to index the content of old tool catalogues scanned and
archived on https://archive.org.
For each item, a bunch of data and metadata is available, for example:
https://archive.org/download/MillersFallsCatalog421938

My experimental program displays the screenshot of each page,
highlights the picture, tables and texts extracted by OCR, and allows
the user to create an index and do proof reading.
It uses the QGraphicsScene framework for rendering aspects, i
initially wanted to use the jp2.zip resource, but i will now look at
using the pdf resource instead.

Thanks,
Chris