De: "Francesc Alted" <fal...@pytables.org>
À: pytables-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Envoyé: Mercredi 2 Décembre 2009 20h46:14 GMT +01:00 Amsterdam / Berlin / Berne
/ Rome / Stockholm / Vienne
Objet: Re: [Pytables-users] Fwd:  External link reading

Hi Cyril,

I've implemented a *very* preliminary version of links.  You can download the
branch with something like:

$ svn co http://www.pytables.org/svn/pytables/branches/links

The new methods for creating links are:

    File.createHardLink(where, name, target, createparents=False)
    File.createSoftLink(where, name, target, createparents=False)
    File.createExternalLink(where, name, target, createparents=False)

but existing links in already created HDF5 files should open well too.  I've
to update user's manual yet, but docstrings in code should be fairly complete.

BTW, the ``links`` branch should work only with HDF5 1.8.x series (I still
have to see how to backport this to HDF5 1.6.x).  If you want to have a look
at the implementation, look at:

http://pytables.org/trac/log/branches/links

Please tell me if you experience some problem or have suggestions.

Cheers,

--
Francesc Alted