the alt_spellings is actually a list of wrong spellings that triggers
errors - the reason being that the word as different spellings in british
and american English

if we actually change the word i would like to see something completely
different, not just some  short-cutting

-- Ronny

> * Floris Bruynooghe <f...@devork.be> [180129 19:08 -0800]:
> > However the serious note in that plugin is that I think it makes sense
> > to use ``params``.  My reasoning is that it's easy to spell and
> > already used for fixtures: ``@pytest.fixture(params=[0, 1])``.  So
> > why not everywhere else:  ``@pytest.mark.params('a', [0, 1])``,
> > ``metafunc.params(...)``.  So to be honest I think we should migrate
> > to that and still disallow the other variants.  It would mean I don't
> > get to release my fun plugin but whatever.
>
> That makes a lot of sense to me, although I'm not a pytest developer
> and have no idea what the pytest rules for making backward incompatible
> changes are.
>
> After reading this thread, I chimed in on GitHub -- aliases are almost
> never a good idea, but the fact that there's an alt_spellings list in
> the code means that it really should just be renamed. This should be as
> simple as a deprecation warning, time period, and users doing a
> s/parametrize/params/.
>
> Cheers

Managing Directors: Charles Cachera, Michael Cunningham, Michael
O'Neill, Eric Shander