A fast portable pure-python multithreaded experimental WSGI web server in 300 lines of code:

Python 2.4,2.5,2.6 version:

    http://code.google.com/p/web2py/source/browse/trunk/gluon/sneaky.py

Python 3.0,3.1 version:

http://code.google.com/p/web2py/source/browse/trunk/gluon/ sneaky3.py

1) Some third party benchmarks are in the doc strings but you should run them yourself. These are benchmarks for the servers, not the frameworks.

2) We are not sure it is perfectly WSGI compliant but it is very similar to Cherrypy wsgiserver 3.2.

3) Experimental means we are still ironing down WSGI compliance and we have not tested chunked uploads (only regular uploads).

4) This is distributed with web2py, it works with web2py, but until we have more tests done, web2py still uses cherrypy's wsgi server in production.

5) The license is GPL but we are going change it to MIT of BSD or Apache when done.

6) We are posting here because we hope you will give it a try and report compatibility issues with your favorite framework and browser. This will help us fix problems and turn into a fast production server.