At 08:27 AM 10/13/2009 -0400, Barry Warsaw wrote:
Are we on track to release 2.6.4 final this Sunday or do we need
another rc?

Yesterday, Tarek committed another setuptools related fix and said
that he was going to run a bunch of build tests locally.  Tarek, how
did that go?

FWIW, that change won't work to fix the problem on Windows if a package's setup.py is written with cross-platform paths (i.e., the usual case).

Also, for the record, it's not really a setuptools-related fix; it's just attempting to fix collateral damage caused by the attempt to fix the problems caused by the original API change... which affected all build_ext customizations relying on the docstring of the changed method, not just the one in setuptools.