I would like to commit a couple of new feature patches in the next couple of days for #9299 (if no one else does it) and #10534 (working on that). It appears to be somewhat customary to follow such patches with 3.1/2.7 blocks, but Georg implied in another message that the process is obsolete in that no one is doing blind mass merges anymore, and I apparently cannot do blocks with TortoiseSvn. So is it alright if I make the commits and simply note in the commit messages that they are for a new feature and should not be merged backwards?

--
Terry Jan Reedy