On 02/02/2011 23:35, Steve Holden wrote:
On Feb 2, 2011, at 6:29 PM, Nick Coghlan wrote:

On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 9:16 AM, Barry Warsaw<ba...@python.org>  wrote:
On Feb 03, 2011, at 08:54 AM, Nick Coghlan wrote:

I suspect this problem with the preferred DVCS workflow is going to
cut fairly heavily into the number of bug fixes applied to the
maintenance branches.
I'd be really surprised if it *has* to be that way.  Just how painful is it in
Mercurial to apply to newest branch first and back port?
I have no idea. I just know that the first response from veteran hg
users when asked how to implement our current workflow in Mercurial is
"don't do that" (followed by reluctant explanations of tools you might
use to do it, if you insisted on doing things "the wrong way").

Call me unadventurous, but i'd quite like to see how we get on ding things the
*right* way first.

Well, I'm with Nick. Doing development on main and backporting *some* fixes is the right way for a development process.

Michael

regards
  Steve

http://www.voidspace.org.uk/