On 30 January 2016 at 09:39, Barry Warsaw <ba...@python.org> wrote:
> On Jan 29, 2016, at 06:11 PM, Brett Cannon wrote:
>
>>+1 from me as well, especially once Serhiy's comments are addressed.

Likewise - an additional proofreading pass would be useful, but the
overall content looks fine to me.

> Me too, but only if you add a PendingDeprecationWarning to
> PendingDeprecationWarning <wink>.

There were some discussions a while back of restoring a distinction
between the two by having code executed directly at the REPL (whether
at the command line or in IDLE) show DeprecationWarning by default,
but still hide PendingDeprecationWarning globally.

That idea actually seemed to garner general approval, so I suspect the
main reason the discussion died out was the fact that it's a bit
fiddly to implement.

Cheers,
Nick.