On 05.03.16 10:18, Ned Deily wrote:
In article <20160305043104.60898b14...@webabinitio.net>,
  "R. David Murray" <rdmur...@bitdance.com> wrote:
I the past few years I've monitored the bug tracker fairly closely, and
watched for good prospects, and recommended or inspired the recommendation
of several.  Right now I don't have the time to monitor the bug tracker
the way I had been and watch people the way I had been, so I won't be
in a position to recommend anyone for the next while....

I don't think any of us truly understand how much time you have put into
this kind of behind-the-scenes activity over the years nor fully
appreciate how important that has been to the on-going success of
python-dev.  Thanks, David.

Want to join the acknowledgement. David's work is invaluable.

PS: Actually, let me throw out that the people that had been at the
top of my list before I stopped were eryksun, paul.j3 (for argparse),
and davin (for multiprocessing).

I agree with your recommendations for all three.

I haven't been following the activity in the argparse module, but
I'm watching Eryk Sun and was going to offer his candidacy if it will retain his activity over the next few months.