On 3/31/2017 8:20 PM, Ezio Melotti wrote:
On Fri, Mar 31, 2017 at 3:59 PM, Terry Reedy <tjre...@udel.edu> wrote:
On 3/31/2017 6:08 PM, Brett Cannon wrote:

On Fri, 31 Mar 2017 at 12:37 Victor Stinner <victor.stin...@gmail.com
<mailto:victor.stin...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    <mailto:anto...@python.org>>:
    > Just a heads up that the following PR:
    > https://github.com/python/cpython/pull/552/files
    > has generated a lot of spurious PR additions on bugs.python.org
    <http://bugs.python.org>,
    > probably because that PR references a lot of issues
    > (example: https://bugs.python.org/issue23839).
    >
    > Perhaps it would be nice to have an upper limit on the number of
    > notified issues when the PR mentions several of them?
    >
    > (I'm sure someone more active than me, such as Victor or Serhiy,
    got *a
    > lot* of notifications from that PR :-))

    Hello, I got 110 emails, something goes wrong? :-)

Each link generated an email with a message like
"pull_requests: +994" but with a different number.

The range should be from pull_request826 to pull_request1113.
I tried to unlink a PR from the admin but it still generated an email.
I'm not aware of any method to unlink them without generating emails,
so If you don't mind another wave of emails, I can write a script to
go through them and unlink them from the issues, otherwise I'll just

I already unlinked for https://bugs.python.org/issue25464, and it did generate a message. I would rather delete another 20 emails than leave the junk.