On Thu, 15 Jun 2017 13:31:39 +1000, Nick Coghlan <ncogh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 15 June 2017 at 00:40, Victor Stinner <victor.stin...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > So I would like to set a new rule: if I'm unable to fix buildbots
> > failures caused by a recent change quickly (say, in less than 2
> > hours), I propose to revert the change.
>
> I'm not necessarily opposed to such a policy change, but if folks
> really want guaranteed green post-merge buildbots for all platforms
> (rather than just guaranteed green for Linux & Windows, sometimes red
> for everything else), then I think a better place to focus effort
> would be in making it easier for us to test things across the full
> BuildBot fleet in pre-merge CI.

I've long thought that reversion should be the policy.

I'm all in favor of making it easier to run the custom builders on a PR,
of course, but I think the policy change is orthogonal to that.  It's not
like that change represents effort that would otherwise be devoted to
making using the custom build easier...Victor is putting out the effort
to monitor the buildbots already and clearly intends to continue to do
so regardless.  Being able to revert will make the job he has taken on
(thank you Victor!) easier.

--David