As you may recall, 3.6.2rc1 was released on 2017-06-17 with an expected release
date of 3017-06-30 for 3.6.2 final.  As you also may recall, 3.6.2rc1 was
delayed a bit to address some security issues including updating our version of
libexpat.  Shortly after 3.6.2rc1 was released, the expat project released
another version of libexpat fixing another security problem.  Also since
3.6.2rc1, fixes for several other security issues in Python 3.6 itself have
become available and it would be better to get them out sooner rather than
later.  Therefore, I have decided to do a second release candidate with select
fixes cherry-picked from the 3.6 branch; continue to merge bug fixes and doc
fixes into 3.6 as usual for release in 3.6.3.  Since there haven't been
regressions reported so far with 3.6.2rc1, we will plan to compress the rest of
the release cycle.  Expect to see 3.6.2rc2 available within the next couple of
days (2017-07-04 expected) and, assuming no new issues, 3.6.2 final about a we
 ek later (around 2017-07-11).

--Ned

--
  Ned Deily