On 07/18/2017 02:36 AM, Antoine Pitrou wrote:
Can I take the opportunity to say thank you again (both you and Larry)
for the "blurb" tool?  It really makes an important difference when
contributing.

On 07/18/2017 03:24 AM, Victor Stinner wrote:
Thank you Larry Hastings, Brett Cannon and others who helped to write
and integrate blurb: no more Misc/NEWS conflict, it's just amazing :-)
We *all* wanted that for *years*!

Thanks everybody!  I'm glad it's been so well received.

By coincidence, I only saw this thread today, /*after*/ spending hours working through the last blurb integration issues. But it's been a success. And I'm pleased to announce I'll be releasing 3.5.4rc1 and 3.4.7rc1 with blurb fully integrated! There were a few surprising ramifications of blurb--but nothing we can't live with.

One nice side-effect of blurb: the formatting on Misc/NEWS, and therefore whatsnew/changelog.html, is somewhat improved. Every entry starts with a nice blue bpo-#### link, the section headers are 100% consistently spelled and in a consistent order, and we even have a shiny new "Security" section that goes at the top above "Core and Builtins".

//arry/