On Mon, 06 Nov 2017 12:51:45 -0600, Neil Schemenauer <nas-pyt...@arctrix.com>
wrote:
> Another idea is to have venv to turn them on by default or, based on
> a command-line option, do it.  Or, maybe the unit testing frameworks
> should turn on the warnings when they run.

Unit test frameworks, including at least unittest, do.

> The current "disabled by default" behavior is obviously not working
> very well.  I had them turned on for a while and found quite a
> number of warnings in what are otherwise high-quality Python
> packages.  Obviously the vast majority of developers don't have them
> turned on.

It's working great for me.  I've only run into warnings in one package,
and I wouldn't call that one high quality.  And we use a lot of packages
in our current project.

I'm curious which ones you are seeing it in?  It could be we are
operating in different problem spaces :)

--David