On Mon, Dec 11, 2017 at 01:47:50PM +0100, Victor Stinner wrote:
> > Ssh isn't available everywhere, I don't want to install an app or give
> > out my phone number to half of Silicon Valley [1].
>
> SMS and FreeOTP are just a few options that you have to generate/get OTP.
>
> I suggest to use Yubikey. It doesn't need to install an app or to give
> your phone number, but it costs 50$. The advantage is that you can use
> it to store your SSH and GPG keys.

I'm not a fan of hardware key generation. :-)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/YubiKey

"In October 2017, security researchers found a vulnerability (known as ROCA) in
the implementation of RSA keypair generation in a cryptographic library used by
a large number of Infineon security chips. The vulnerability allows an attacker
to reconstruct the private key by using the public key.[18][19] All YubiKey 4,
YubiKey 4C, and YubiKey 4 nano within the revisions 4.2.6 to 4.3.4 are affected
by this vulnerability.[20] Yubico publicized a tool to check if a Yubikey is
affected and replaces affected tokens for free.[21]"