Sorry, I choose to reply to python-committers rather than python-dev
because I have been annoyed by the PEP 572 traffic on python-dev.

> In case it helps, we're planning on presentations on / a discussion of PEP
> 572 at the 2018 Python Language Summit next Wednesday.  (I'm assuming it
> won't be pronounced upon before then--after all, what's the rush?)
> Naturally the discussion isn't going to escape the room until it gets
> reported on by Jake Edge, but delegates at the Summit will hopefully emerge
> well-informed and comfortable with the result of the discussion.

Who is going to lead this discussion? Will we have at least one
developer in favor of the PEP to give a summary of the advantages? I
would like to make sure that we can get a fair summary of the past PEP
discussion.

I'm not worried for the "dislike" part which may be correctly represented :-D

Note: I just got a notice of a strike at Air France next Tuesday, the
day I'm flighting to the US, and my 3rd and last flight of this trip
is cancelled. Oh oh.

Victor