On Sep 21, 2018, at 05:37, Christian Heimes <christ...@python.org> wrote:
> On 19/09/2018 23.12, Ned Deily wrote:
>> Update: not surprisingly, there have been a number of issues that have
>> popped up during and since the sprint that we would like to ensure are
>> addressed in 3.7.1 and 3.6.7.  In order to do so, I've been holding off on
>> starting the releases. I think we are now getting close to having the
>> important ones resolved so I'm going to plan on cutting off code for
>> 3.7.1rc1 and 3.6.7rc1 by the end of 2018-09-20 (23:59 AoE).  That's roughly
>> 38 hours from now.
> I'm really sorry, but would it be possible to delay the RCs until Sunday
> or Monday AoE?
>
> Some of the XML security fixes, OpenSSL 1.1.1 fixes (TLS 1.3
> post-handshake authentication), and SSL module regression haven't landed
> yet. I'm confident that I can land most to all fixes during the weekend.
>
> Related PRs are:
>
> * https://github.com/python/cpython/pull/9468
> * https://github.com/python/cpython/pull/9460
> * https://github.com/python/cpython/pull/9217
> * https://github.com/python/cpython/pull/9265
>
> I'm also still collaborating with Sebastian Pipping (libexpat
> maintainer) on the DoS mitigations (CVE-2013-0340). My initial patch had
> some flaws. I might be able to get expat release 2.3.0 in time, too.
>
> https://github.com/libexpat/libexpat/pull/220

I agree that it would be good to get the security-related and OpenSSL-related
fixes in sooner than later and there has been a lot going on recently.  Since
you have asked so nicely, I have rescheduled the cutoffs for 3.7.1rc1 and
3.6.7rc1 to be by the end of 2018-09-24 (23:59 AoE) and the final releases now
on 2018-10-04.

Everyone else: here are a few more days to get important things in to these
releases.

--
  Ned Deily
  n...@python.org -- []