> On Nov 3, 2018, at 11:22 AM, Antoine Pitrou <anto...@python.org> wrote:
>

> Le 03/11/2018 à 16:19, Stefan Krah a écrit :

>>> +1
>>
>> I wouldn't go as far as disenfranchised, but just this thread made it clear
>> to me that taking in information is at least 10x faster if presented on a
>> mailing list.
>>
>> Discourse feels like eating soup with a fork, especially now that the
>> volume is higher.
>
> Indeed.  As soon as a discussion is starting to become branchy,
> Discourse just ruins readability compared to a normal threaded
> discussion system.  The electoral system discussion is an example of that:
> https://discuss.python.org/t/python-governance-electoral-system/290

Huh, I found the experience exactly the opposite. I was just remarking last
night how glad I was that the discussion happened in discourse instead of on
the mailing list, because of how poorly I felt the discussion would have gone
on a mailing list. The ability to trivially multi quote alone was a drastic
improvement, much less the ability to control, on a topic by topic basis, what
level of notification I wanted for that topic.