On Wed, Mar 3, 2021 at 8:08 AM Christian Heimes <christ...@python.org> wrote:

> PEP 644 (not approved yet) and a soon-to-be-published PEP will hopefully
> get rid of the problem once and for all. PEP 644 removes support for
> OpenSSL < 1.1 and the new PEP will remove support for TLS 1.0 and 1.1
> from stdlib.
>
> https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0644/

Thank you for all the efforts here, Christian. The PEP provides a good
summary on the state.
+1 vote to it and hope we will have a much simpler system to reason with soon.

It was hard for me (guess anyone) to track Libre/Open/Boring, TLS
versions etc, and leave alone keeping it compatible like you have been
doing.
The premise of PEP-0644 is extremely reasonable.