Hi,

About this very specific ABI issue, one long term solution would be to
exclude the PyThreadState structure from the C API, to not rely on it
the ABI level.

I started to add getter functions in Python 3.9:
PyThreadState_GetInterpreter(), PyThreadState_GetFrame() and
PyThreadState_GetID(). I'm working on updating C extensions to use
these getter functions, rather than accessing directly PyThreadState
members. I wrote a new pythoncapi_compat.h header file (in an exteral
project, pythoncapi_compat) to provide getter functions to Python
2.7-3.8. Cython gives me most of the work, since it gets and sets many
PyThreadState members.

You can follow the progress at: https://bugs.python.org/issue39947

Victor