Thanks for sharing your experience, and I think it's important for us core
developers to be careful and vigilant about this.

I was wondering if we should add under the "core developers responsibility"
section (https://devguide.python.org/coredev/#responsibilities), about
securing their GitHub account with 2FA/MFA? I think this is something that
can be made as required by the org admins. (and add that we'll work with
folks if they need assistance in setting those up).