On 23.06.2021 19:17, Barry Warsaw wrote:
> On Jun 23, 2021, at 09:46, Marc-Andre Lemburg <m...@egenix.com> wrote:
>>
>> Since it's rather likely that we'll always find someone who still
>> uses a module, I think we should find a better strategy on how to
>> deal with such removals, e.g. create a separate attic repo where
>> participation is easier than for CPython, publish the modules
>> in this repo under a python-attic package, and move all deprecated
>> code there.
>
> That’s basically what PEP 594 suggests, and I think that’s a good approach
> while we’re working out the details and process for removing dead batteries.

Ah, found that section at the very bottom of the PEP now. Thanks.

It may be better to move this all the way up, since I'm pretty sure
that it'll make people feel better.

The attic repo would need to go unter the Python Github account
though to make it more official and also make sure the licensing
aspect it dealt with properly (the PSF would have to officially
distribute the package to be able to use the CLA relicensing).

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Experts (#1, Jun 24 2021)

               https://www.egenix.com/company/contact/
                     https://www.malemburg.com/