How about an explicit "None" value to completely disable it? If you don't want users on your site using it.

Nick

Jim Gallacher wrote:
So, any further thoughts / comments / objections to PythonSessionOption,
 or shall I just check in the code?

Regards
Jim

Jim Gallacher wrote:

I've created a new apache directive called PythonSessionOption. This would be used to configure session handling in the apache config file. This data is accessed with a new request method, req.get_session_options().

Although we could use the PythonOption directive instead of creating a new one, I believe it's better to keep the session config data separate so we don't need to worry about collisions with current user code or configuration.

Typical Usage
-------------

In a test script mptest.py

def handler(req)
    opts = req.get_session_options()
    for k in sess_conf:
        req.write('%s: %s' % (k,opts[k])

In Session.FileSession:
    __init__(self,req,sid):
        opts = req.get_session_options()
        timeout = int(opts.get('timeout', DFT_TIMEOUT))

In an Apache config file:

<VirtualHost 192.168.1.12:80>
        ServerAdmin [EMAIL PROTECTED]
        ServerName example.com
        DocumentRoot /var/www/

        PythonSessionOption session FileSession
        PythonSessionOption session_directory /var/lib/mod_python/sess
        PythonSessionOption timeout 14400
        PythonSessionOption lock 1

</VirtualHost>

If there are no objections I'll commit the code. I have not refactored Sessions.py to use the new configuration scheme just yet.

Regards,
Jim