2005/9/12, Gregory (Grisha) Trubetskoy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

On Mon, 12 Sep 2005, Jim Gallacher wrote:

> *** Warning: Linking the shared library mod_python.la against the
> *** static library /usr/local/lib/python2.4/config/libpython2.4.a is not
> portable!

I think this was always there and its pretty harmless.

> On qemu:
> Syntax error on line 44 of /usr/home/jim/tmp/mod_python/test/conf/test.conf:
> Cannot load /usr/home/jim/tmp/mod_python/src/mod_python.so into server:
> /usr/home/jim/tmp/mod_python/src/mod_python.so: Undefined symbol
> "pthread_attr_init"

This is because FreeBSD's libc comes in two versions - threaded and
non-threaded. If Python is linked against the threaded ones and Apache
against the non-thrreaded, then you get this problem. There is a simple
fix for this - you just cause Apache to start with threaded libs, but I
can't find any references to it right now and have to run off to a
meeting.

Grisha

Maybe we could make sure that ALL threading code is removed when either Python or Apache is not threaded ? I.e. perform a code review to make sure that the "#if APR_HAS_THREADS && defined(WITH_THREAD)" trick is performed everywhere some threading code is written.

Regards,
Nicolas