Jim Gallacher wrote:
> Nicolas Lehuen wrote:
>> I thought that all this mptest.py thing was a bit disturbing, as
>> usually people took the wrong impression that they had to call the
>> /test/mptest.py URL, that is they thought that the handler system was
>> a bit like the publisher system. So by providing a test handler in the
>> box, we could make sure that the installation was correct without
>> having to cope with all the fuss about where mptest.py should be
>> located and what URL to use to make sure everything is working.
>
> I think this is a worthwhile addition as it should make it easier to get
> new people started with mod_python.

Looking at this file, it's a great way to verify that mod_python is working correctly, and it's pretty thorough in checking the apache internals. However, it's neither simple nor intuitive for new people to get started with mod_python I think. For a newbie, it looks like it could be overwhelming.

Nick