Jim Gallacher wrote:
Nic Ferrier wrote:

Hello mod_python developers.

I just joined this list (at the suggestion of Graham Dumpleton) to try
and get you guys to consider adding some glue to connect python >2.2
logging to Apache's logging.

This means adding a small extra source file to the mod_python
codebase. Here's my example:
[snip]
If the python logging module is meant to be the standard for logging then I'm not against it.

However I'm not sure it'll be as simple as Nic's code indicates. I don't want to expand on my concerns until I have a chance to do some testing but in the mean time perhaps Nic could give an example of his usage? (This is a trick question. ;) )

I have done this before, and although I haven't checked this code, it is as trivial to do as Nic makes it appear (my code was a bit different, but it did essentially the same thing). On the other hand, I'm not sure including this code fits with Grisha's philosophy of mod_python being what it is -- glue between Python and apache -- especially when this is such a simple exercise to anyone who has read the logging docs.

Nick