Jim Gallacher wrote:
So this is an inconsistency within Python. Should mod_python attempt to correct it, or just claim a Python bug?

I think we should correct it. I'm sure users don't care that we implement this with TemporaryFile. That being said, I wonder how many applications on Windows we may break by fixing this? Version 3.1.4 also used TemporaryFile, so this is not a new bug.

Yeah, I never noticed it either until someone pointed it out to me. I appreciated the change to TemporaryFile, but being primarily a Linux user I never noticed that this broke my code in Windows.

In any case, I'm still gonna have to implement a workaround in my own code to catch people using the different versions of mod_python out there, so I can live with whatever decision you guys make. But here's +1 for making the interface consistent at least for mod_python users. As for code breakage, I would consider this a "bug" introduced in 3.1.4, which was the last official release of mod_python, which will be corrected in release 3.3.

Nick