Graham Dumpleton wrote:
Jim Gallacher wrote ..

All very interesting, except that JIRA does record the svn commit info,
and with great detail. It just doesn't treat the commit as a comment.

For example:
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MODPYTHON-124?page=all

Personally I think the Subversion commit information should be included
in the comments by default, rather than requiring a separate view, but
I guess that's between JIRA and myself. :)

This is showing my ignorance then. That the commit appeared there was
a fluke on my part. I was not aware that it was able to tie the commit message
to the JIRA issue. I do not recollect seeing the commits there when I added
the comment, perhaps because I had the issue up already before doing
the commit. :-(

There can be a bit of a time lag, so it may not have been there when you added your comment.

What is the magic then? Is it purely because I had listed MODPYTHON-124
in the commit message.

Yep. That's the magic.

Where is that documented? Did a quick scan of
dev.apache.org I haven't found mention of it yet.

I have no idea where it's documented. Likely in the JIRA help pages, but it was Nicolas that first informed me of this feature. I'll add this information to my developer guidelines page.

Jim