Graham Dumpleton wrote:

On 21/02/2006, at 7:08 AM, Jim Gallacher wrote:

The Apache 2.2 support will likely go into the 3.2.9 bugfix release.
We just wanted to get the security problem out of the way first.

Jim, if we are again going to aim for a bug rollup release for 3.2.9  do I
need to stop or hold off on doing any substantial changes to trunk, or
are you going to selectively backport changes from trunk which would
be appropriate, meaning that I can keep going for it.

Keep going. My understanding of svn is that we can merge a particular revision in one branch into another branch. In the worst case we can always grab a diff between 2 revisions, before and after a particular fix, and use that to patch the 3.2.x branch.

Either way should work fairly well as long as each commit is specific to a particular issue. I'm sure it's obvious that we don't want to make a bulk change that affects a large number of issues at the same time anyway, so I don't think we need to change anything in the way we've been working.

Got about half a dozen reasonably major changes sitting in my old play
source directory that I was starting to look at pushing into the repository before I loose where I was up to. This includes support for dynamic filters,
setting of req.handler, mod_include/ssi, fixes for server.get_config () and
new server.get_options(), plus other fixes.

We have our stable branch, we know the issues we want to fix in a 3.2.9 bug release, and so there shouldn't be any problems committing new stuff into trunk.

Jim