mod_python-3.3.0-dev-20060321 is available for testing.

We are asking the mod_python development community for assistance in testing the current development branch. Hopefully this will allow us to catch new bugs or regressions early, and when we are ready for the next release the beta cycle will be much shorter.

This snapshot addresses 33 issues since 3.2.7 was released, including apache 2.2 support and the introduction of a new module importer.

The files are (temporarily) available here:

http://people.apache.org/~jgallacher/mod_python/dist/

Please download it, then do the usual

$ ./configure --with-apxs=/wherever/it/is
$ make
$ (su)
# make install

Then (as non-root user!)

$ make check

or if you prefer to run the tests the old way:

$ cd test
$ python test.py

Make a note of any failing tests.

If all the tests pass, give the new module importer a workout by uncommenting line 328 in test/test.py:

         #PythonOption('mod_python.future.importer *'),

and then re-run the tests.

$ make check

And see if any tests fail. If they pass, send a +1 to the list, if they
fail, send the details (the versions of OS, Python and Apache, the test
output, and suggestions, if any).

Thank you for your assistance,
Jim Gallacher