On Sun, 26 Mar 2006, Graham Dumpleton wrote:

One use for it that I already have is to get around the DirectoryIndex problems in mod_python caused by Apache's use of the ap_internal_fast_redirect() function to implement that feature. The specifics of this particular issue are documented under:

 http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MODPYTHON-146

Could we zoom in this a little bit. I've read the description, but not quite sure I understand it quite yet. Is "the problem" that if I set req.notes['foo'] = 'bar' in a phase prior to fixup, by the time we get to the content handler, it will be gone because notes would be overwritten by mod_dir?

Grisha