I am sure I asked this a long time ago, but have forgotten all the details.

On Win32 systems does req.filename set by Apache always use POSIX
style forward slashes, ie., '/', to separate components of a directory? Thus:

  /some/path

How does Apache indicate a drive letter when one is necessary? Is it:

  c:/some/path

Does any of the above change based on whether forward or backward
slashes are used in a Directory directive? Ie.,

  <Directory c:/some/path>
  </Directory?

vs:

  <Directory "c:\\some\\path>
  </Directory>

Or does Apache not allow the latter anyway?

If Apache does allow the latter, does that mean that req.hlist.directory
is coming through set including backslashes rather than forward
slashes.

I want to get my head around this all again as at different times the values
of req.filename and req.hlist.directory are used to determine the Python
interpreter name. As highlighted in:

  http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MODPYTHON-161

If there is a mix of conventions, with user code also being able to affect
these values, there may be no consistency and thus could end up with
scenarios where a different interpreter to one than was expected will be
used.

Any help from Win32 users in understanding all this would be much
appreciated.

Thanks.

Graham