Dan Eloff wrote:
* DB connection pooling

Got that. It's actually very simple. Just derive from the Queue class,
it's already synchronized. Override pop with the logic for handing out
connections. Simply use put to return it when you're done. I recommend
putting the db information in a config file like rails does, nobody
wants to have to put that all over the place.

Do you have any example code to share? I just moved an application to a shiny new server with new (stable) versions of everything, and my persistent connections to MySQL stopped working.