Dan Eloff wrote:
Unrelated question, is it "ok" to use the trunk in a development
environment? It will usualy work, or should I expect it to blow up in
my face more often than not?

At this point in the development cycle you are fairly safe. As later messages in this thread indicate you've been caught up in a problem with the Windows build environment rather that a mod_python bug. It's my personal opinion that trunk should always be in a fairly stable state so that people *can* use in their own development environment. That way we can catch problems that may be introduced early resulting in better and more timely releases. That being said, it is the development branch, and breakage may happen. :)

Encouraging people to use trunk in their project development implies that we have some sort of a predictable release schedule. People won't like it if they use some new nifty feature in trunk but don't know when it might be available in a stable release for use in production. Just something to think about when we are planning our timelines.

Jim