In mod_python 3.2.x, if I set a directory to use mod_python with a
.htaccess file, I will find that directory in sys.path.  That is, if:

   /var/www/somedir/.htaccess

contains:

  SetHandler python-program

then sys.path will have "/var/www/somedir" as element zero.

With 3.3.x this does not happen.

The problem?  I have a handler with co-located python modules that get
imported (the handler does "import somemod" and somemomd is in the
same directory as the .htaccess file).  This works fine with 3.2.x,
but when I upgraded to 3.3.1 I get import errors.

I searched the changelogs in the documentation, but I see no mention
of this change.

Thanks,

Daniel Popowich
http://www.astro.umass.edu/~dpopowich/python/mpservlets/